Network Certification Body
Integrated Management System Policy
We’re Network Certification Body (NCB), a limited company owned by Network Rail. Below are our Vision and Principles. Everything we do in NCB helps us to realise our Vision, and our Principles guide the way we behave. Our Integrated Management System contains our business systems and processes that are used in everything that NCB does: it’s a structure that helps us work towards our Vision.
The assurance and certification partner of choice for the rail industry.
To save our customers time and money and protect their reputations by providing high integrity assurance and certification services, paving the way for a safe rail network.
- People’s safety is our guiding principle.
- At the heart of our work is our people.
- We practise collaboration to achieve greater value.
- We use our wealth of experience to demonstrate technical excellence.
- We always strive to be clear, courageous and truthful.
- Our people treat each other with respect.
Our Integrated Management System (IMS) policy is our commitment to:
- our service quality, which should reflect our organisation’s operating environment and strategy
- provide control of the health, wellbeing and safety risks in our activities, eliminate hazards and prevent accidents or work-related ill health
- carry out certification impartially, rigorously and to high standards
- protect the environment, reduce our environmental impact by mitigating waste and pollution, and pursue sustainable solutions, so we can reduce our operational impact on the environment and local communities
To keep these commitments at the forefront of our work, it’s a company-wide policy to continually improve the IMS’s effectiveness in these specific ways:
- we invest in every employee’s training, promoting teamwork and good working relationships, encouraging consultation and participation,
- we keep our working environment safe, healthy and pleasant
- we help to reduce occupational risks and enhance people’s mental and physical wellbeing
- we’re careful to comply with legal and other requirements
- we make sure that our assessment and certification process is impartial & objective, and that we manage any conflicts quickly and effectively
- we liaise often with our clients and stakeholders to make sure our certification and other services satisfy their needs and meet their expectations.
Finally, our commitments are secured by these overarching review processes:
- we periodically review the IMS against our business objectives and processes to review its suitability and improve its effectiveness
- the IMS policy is clearly communicated to all employees and external parties
- we audit the IMS and our services on a regular basis to ensure their effectiveness
Our Integrated Management System helps all of us to maintain consistent, reliable standards in rail service certification, with a clear set of shared goals. Compliance is vitally important, in that maintaining the high quality of our work results in continually safer rail travel for everyone.
Sam Brunker, Managing Director