Network Certification Body
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to within those terms of website use) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Network Rail Certification Body Limited.
Information we may collect
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
What we do with your personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with details of products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
How we store your personal information
Personal information we collect will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area unless:
- We have your consent; or
- Unless that country's data protection laws are deemed to provide an adequate level of protection; or
- Adequate safeguards have been put in place in consultation with the Information Commisioners Office (ICO).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our parent company, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) for relevant purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Network Rail Certification Body Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Network Rail Certification Body Limited and/or any of its group companies, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other third party websites which may be of interest to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
How can you control your personal information or ask us to remove it?
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or would like us to remove the details we hold about you, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly make the changes. Proof of identity will be required. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.